1. To make a small room appear larger…decorate it in light colors.
2. To make a large room appear smaller…decorate with warm colors.
3. To make a wall appear closer… paint it with a darker shade of the same color as the other walls.
4. To make a wall appear farther away …paint it with a light shade of a cool color.
5. To make the floor look smaller…use a dark floor covering/ tile/carpet/ linoleum.
6. To make the floor larger… use a light floor covering.
7. To make the high ceiling appear lower…paint it with a slightly darker shade than the walls.
8. To raise the ceiling higher… paint it in a lighter shade than the walls.
9. To lower the ceiling of a very large room…paint the top section of the walls in the same darker shade as the ceiling.
10. To widen a narrow corridor..use light colors on the walls, floor and the ceiling.
11. To shorten a long corridor or a long room, paint the end walls with a dark or warm color.
12. To change the proportions of a corridor, use darker shade on the ceiling and floor and lighter shade on the walls.The space will now appear wider and lower.
13. To make a cool room cozy and warm; use peach, coral and apricot combination.
14. To make a warm room cool, use blue, grays and cool neutral colors.
15. To make room brighter, use a white glossy painting on the ceiling. The ceiling must be made be made perfectly smooth or the defects will be magnified!