Things that need to be dressed up are the walls, the ceiling, the floor, the windows, the furniture and the accessories viz, cushions, paintings on the wall, tables, decorative pieces etc.
Points to be remembered while selecting the colors!
1. Remember a color looks different in different lights!
2. Colors affect each other either by enhancing or mismatching!
3. The right proportion of the right shades get the best results.
4. Plan your room around the major investment in the room -a costly sofa set or a carpet-which will be one permanent piece in the room!
5. Mix and match the other colors to go with the main item which may never be changed!
6. The same color looks and feels different on different materials and surfaces. You may to use this idea to enhance the ‘diversity in the unity!’ in the room!
7. The colors you MAY like may not be the ones you can actually live in!
8. So go for something pleasant and mild without creating strong emotional stimulator!